How are we doing????
a) Kicking back - waiting for your beta to do their magic
b) Typing away, pencil between your teeth
c) Cat sat on your laptop, knocked the flashdrive and you lost a day's editing(of the whole story)
d) Dog ate your completed long hand story and you're drowning in your tears (dog in hiding)
e) You keep staring at the committment dates and wonder why your name is on list
Let us know . . . . we really do want to hear :)
Has anyone read Breaking Point by N R Walker? Its about an undercover cop going into the cage fighting world. If anyone else has read it do you think this could be a Bodie centric fic idea?
Hope all is well!!!
Fingers attached, hair still on head, only on second ot third keyboard?
If I type too slow, or ignore my cat, he flips the key tops off the keyboard.
The deadline for Artist/Vidder sign-ups is May31 - come on in and play with us, we don't bite. . . . much !!!
Hello one and all and welcome to another weekly check in! I hope this finds you well and working away furiously.
On a personal note, a few weeks ago, I’d all but decided to withdraw for this year and keep my WIP on the go as an entry for 2022. I have however, recently worked out how certain things are going to go and have suddenly fallen in love with writing the story, AT LAST! The only thing against me now will be time. I’m 15000 words into what realistically needs to be a 75000 word work and I’ve no idea if this is something I can achieve before October, no idea at all.
How about you? Are you also looking nervously at the calendar? Without wishing to pile on the pressure of course, I should just give a timely reminder that you have till the end of the month to sign up for Artist and vidder positions. Therefore, for the gluttens of punishment who write AND draw, get yourselves signed up! For the Picasso’s amongst us who don’t write but DO draw, get yourselves signed up! And for those that have never participated but fancy a little go at it, get yourselves signed up! What’s the worst thing that could happen?
Join in with the CI5 Box of Tricks Big Bang they said… It will be fun they said…
And it is, it really IS, honestly…xx
Artists and Vidders sign ups beginIt's that time! The writers sign-up post has been up for a while, and now it's the turn of all our fabulous artists and vidders.
Please give the rules a read before you sign up so you understand what is expected of you. The mods are excited to see who's joining us for the 2021 Big Bang.
Rules For Artists:
1. You agree to create at least one piece of art or one vid for a Pros Big Bang story.
2. Collaborations between artists are also allowed. Just let us know when you sign up if you are planning on working with a partner.
3. The art may be an original illustration, title banner, photo manip., or whatever else strikes your fancy. The vid may be a reflection of the story or a teaser to entice people to read. Have fun with your project!
4. You’re free to create what you will for the art or vid, but we suggest that you consult with your writer before doing anything too explicit.
5. On your assigned date, you will make a master post for your art at this comm (the mods will provide a template for this post closer to the time). The art itself may be posted to, and linked from, your personal LJ, Dreamwidth, AO3, The Automated Hatstand, etc. Please do not post your artwork anywhere prior to your assigned posting date and please do not cross-post it to any other community before the end of October.
6. If you feel you have the energy and willpower to create artwork for someone else's story, as well as writing your own, then please feel free to sign up as both an artist and as a writer.
Sign ups open on 1st May and close on 31st May.
On 9th July, a list of story summaries will be posted anonymously. You will claim the story that interests you on a first come, first served basis. Once you have successfully claimed a story, we’ll give you the author’s contact information and the rough draft/outline of their story from which to work.
The due date for your artwork/vid is 23rd September. Your work should not be posted on a public forum at this time, but you must provide us with either a working link to the art or vid, or the art or vid file itself.
An assigned, staggered posting schedule will happen in October.
To sign up, please comment below with:
● Artist/Vidder name:
● LJ username (if applicable):
● Email address:
● Art or Vid, or both (if you know):
● Would you prefer to work on slash, gen or het/have no preference?:
● If necessary, would you be willing to pinch hit?
If you would prefer not to put your email address in the comment then please send the mods an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions happily answered by email or by comments here.
We'd love to have you on board, whether you've done this before or you're brand new to Pros or to a big bang challenge. Come on, you want to do this! It's a blast.
Hello, Pro’s fans, it once again falls to me to greet you all with a weekly check in post which gives me a horrifying reminder of how fast this year is racing past!
Are you like me, facing a long endless tunnel of writing with seemingly no end, or are you sorted, sitting pretty and feeling justifiably pleased with yourself?
Either way, a quick reminder that the artist sign ups open very soon (as if we didn’t have ENOUGH to do) so there’s no rest for those fingers just yet!
Wishing you all a successful, productive and safe week, this is Boothros signing out in order to re-watch Doyle defusing an atomic bomb…