Challenge Rules for Writers
1. The central story element must focus on characters from The Professionals.
2. Stories must have a minimum length of 15,000 words. There is no maximum length.
3. Stories may be slash, gen, femslash, or het. Any pairing is allowed, as is any rating.
4. AUs and Crossovers are allowed but as it says in rule #1, the central story element must focus on characters from The Professionals.
5. You may write a story that is a prequel, sequel or companion story to a pre-existing story or stories. However the story/stories referred to must be available to read online.
6. You are welcome to complete a WIP to meet the challenge as long as it has not been previously posted anywhere public.
7. Collaborations between writers are also allowed. Just let us know when you sign up if you are planning on writing with a partner.
8. Stories will be posted on an assigned date in October.
9. On your assigned date you will make a master post for your story at this comm. The story itself may be posted to, and linked from, your personal LJ, Dreamwidth, AO3, The Automated Hatstand etc. Please do not post your story anywhere prior to your assigned date and do not crosspost your story to any other community before the end of October.
10. We will create a master list of links and summaries at the community. We actively encourage adding stories to the Box of Tricks archive on AO3 to facilitate easy story downloads (we have membership codes available), but this is NOT required.
11. If you feel you have the energy and willpower to write a story *and* create artwork for someone else’s story, then please feel free to sign up as both an artist and as a writer.
Please sign-up to participate by March 1.
Your rough draft/full outline and story summary should be turned in by July 1. A lot of us write right down to the wire, and we fully realise this, but it is important that something be handed in at this date for our artists to see. Big Bangs are collaborative and our artists need time to work and get ideas together.
On July 9, your summary will be posted (anonymously) for a participating artist to claim as a prompt. The artist will create at the very least one piece of art (title banner, illustration, manip, etc.) to accompany your story. Alternately, a vidder may do a trailer for your story.
Your final draft should be completed by September 23.
Our posting schedule will begin in October.
To sign up
Please comment below with:
If you would prefer not to put your email address in the comment then please send me a PM with the information (you can PM me here) or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All that remains for right now is: Thanks for participating…………and GO PROS!!!!!!