Monday 23rd September
Writer's final draft is due
- While you'll still have a few days to tweak and polish, we'd like the writers to have complete, finished stories by this point.
- As the artists have less time to work on this than the writers, we only need to see a rough draft of their art at this point. What we're looking for is an indication that the artist is on track to finish in time for their posting date.
Friday 27th September
The posting schedule is sent out to artists and writers.
Tuesday 1st October
Posting begins. *dances*
What You Will Be Posting
In a publicly accessible location of your choosing: your story, including, if appropriate and possible, links to the art created by your artist.
- You may post in your own LJ, in an LJ you create specifically for this purpose, in an archive, like The Automated Hatstand or AO3, or on a website.
- We only require that the story is publicly accessible, and that you do not post your story before your assigned posting date.
- We'll be supplying templates for what your posts should look like nearer to the posting dates.
In a publicly accessible location of your choosing: the art for your claimed story, with any commentary you'd like.
- As with the writers above you may post anywhere (LJ, archive, website etc) as long as it is publicly accessible.
- Your writer will be linking to where you posted, so you will need to supply her or him with this link before they post at ci5_boxoftricks.
- In addition to facilitate your writer including your art within their story, you may either supply them with files for the art, or with links to whatever site you have uploaded the art to. Vidders, you can supply the embed links, if you're posting the vid on YouTube or a similar site, or you can supply a link to the file on a site or an upload/download service.
We'll be supplying templates for what your posts should look like nearer to the posting dates.
We will also be asking you about any dates in October when you would not be able to post so put your thinking caps on.
If posting in LJ, there is a limit of 65,000 characters per post. This generally works out to an average of 8,000 to 10,000 words.
A new 2013 Pros Big Bang Collection has been made available here. To find out more about AO3 take a look here and here. To be clear you are not required to post your story / art at AO3 but if you are interested in posting at AO3 we still have some invite codes left so drop us a line if you would like one.
As always if you have any questions, drop us a comment or an email (the address is firstname.lastname@example.org) and watch out at the comm for future posts.